Pennsylvania Rural Electric Association (PREA) , a statewide trade association and Allegheny Electric Cooperative, Inc. (Allegheny), a generation and transmission (G&T) rural electric cooperative, —both located in Harrisburg, Pa.—seek a candidate for the position of Government Relations. Both entities are managed by Continental Cooperative Services who will employ the successful candidate.
PREA is a statewide trade association that provides services to 14 member electric distribution cooperatives in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, which enable the member cooperatives to deliver electricity and other programs at the highest value to the consumers and communities they serve. PREA has served as the unified voice for electric cooperatives in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. These member-owned entities provide power and other services to more than 230,000 rural households, businesses and industries, representing more than 600,000 consumers. The 13 cooperatives in Pennsylvania own and maintain about 12.5 percent of the electric distribution lines in the state, covering nearly one-third of the Commonwealth’s land area in 42 counties. These lines, an essential component of rural business and industry, represent one of the Commonwealth’s largest non-governmental investments in rural infrastructure.
Allegheny provides the power requirements for the 14 rural electric distribution cooperatives in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Allegheny’s mission has been to provide electric cooperative consumers with a reliable supply of energy at a competitive price. In doing so, Allegheny has been very active in meeting its members’ desire to support conservation, provide clean and renewable energy generation, and ensure a secure energy future for electric cooperatives. About 65 percent of Allegheny’s energy supply comes from clean, stable and relatively low-cost resources. The remaining 35 percent of Allegheny’s power supply comes from market purchases.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Knowledge and Skill Sets
The organizations offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit resume, salary expectations, and a minimum of three references to HR@ccsenergy.com. Please submit resumes through the e-mail address provided. Continental Cooperative Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.