Major Purpose Of This Job: This position will direct the creation and execution of URAC’s federal government relations program. Working with legislators, regulators, government leaders, and their staff, this position works proactively to define and advance URAC’s policies, positions, and strategies at the federal government level. This role will promote URAC’s policy interests and support our mission to advance the quality of health care through leadership, accreditation, measurement, and innovation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Accountable for the overall supervision, planning, organization, and execution of URAC’s federal government relations program by advocating for laws, regulations, and policies favorable to the organization’s business functions.
· Direct URAC’s work with members of Congress, their staff, and relevant health care committees to demonstrate the value of accreditation and our programs.
· Manage URAC’s relationship with federal agencies, especially the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
· Draft comment letters, create leave-behind materials, author talking points, and manage sign-on letter requests.
· Collaborate closely with URAC’s Vice President, Government Relations, and State Relations staff to advance URAC’s government relations strategies and achieve shared goals.
· Educate other URAC departments on federal policy developments, receive input on federal policies impacting URAC’s operations, and inform Executive Team on federal policy matters.
· Serve as Government Relations department representative within URAC regarding inquiries from the federal government and other programmatic needs.
· Develop a presence with trade associations, coalitions, and stakeholder groups, leveraging URAC’s participation in those organizations to support the organization’s goals.
· Supervise URAC’s use of outside consultants to ensure effectiveness and appropriate use of resources.
· Oversee compliance with all federal lobbying laws, governmental regulations, and organizational policies which impact areas of responsibility.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, And Skill Requirements:
Education And Training Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We provide health care organizations with renowned accreditation and certification programs that set the highest standards in quality and safety.