Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Manager, Public Policy, will help lead public policy activities with think tanks, trade associations, and other key external partners in Washington, DC.
The Manager, Public Policy, will be a highly visible position that will create, execute, and manage response to key public policy issues. Working with the Director, Public Policy, and the entire Americas Public Policy team, the Manager will help to drive our external engagement efforts by communicating with trade associations, think tanks, non-profits, and other key external partners. They will build strategies to deepen relationships with these external partners, including representing the company at conferences and meetings.
The Manager, Public Policy, will work collaboratively and transparently with different business units to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The Manager will assess and communicate external activities back to the business and the public policy team, develop strategies and positions, and manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, external partner outreach programs, and key initiatives with Congress and the media. The Manager will also work collaboratively with external partners on policy issues of importance to the company.
The position is based in Arlington, VA.
• BS/BA required.
• At least 8 years of relevant experience with a keen working understanding of public policy, including the mechanics of legislative and administrative policymaking process and procedures, effective lobbying techniques, and collaboration with other companies and trade groups. Candidates will be able to demonstrate their experience through work within government, companies, consultancies, trade associations, or equivalent organizations.
• An ability and desire to travel is required.
• Law Degree or Master’s Degree.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging.
• Experience identifying and understanding key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in political environments, understanding business implications, and synthesizing information for internal and external customers, and recommending a best course of action.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate, government, and regulatory agency levels.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Please mention that you saw this position on LobbyingJobs.com